Effective Date: July 2022
1. Information We Collect
“Personal Information” is any information that can be used to identify you. We collect the following categories of Personal Information:
• Identifiers: Your name, postal addresses, email addresses, telephone numbers, other addresses at which you are able to receive communications, your login ID, or IP addresses;
• Customer Information: We collect categories of Personal Information, including your name, address, telephone number, payment information (we don’t receive this directly, but it is processed on our behalf), and information you provide so that we can provide services;
• Commercial Information: Information related to your purchasing tendencies and order history (such as products you purchase), and areas that may be of interest to you;
• Financial Information: Information collected from you by our ecommerce provider, as needed to process payments for products and services, such as your payment card number, expiration date, and card verification number. We do not receive this information directly;
• Network Activity Information: Information about your browsing behavior and internet history, including data from Cookies, Pixel Tags and Web Beacons; your browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; and information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from the Site (including date and time); products or other pages you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page;
We obtain the Personal Information listed above from the following categories of sources:
• Directly from you (for example, from your registration form or if you contact us directly);
• From our service partners, including Google Analytics, which automatically makes available to us your IP address and certain other information about your network activity;
• From cookies and other tracking tools (see below for more information);
• From other sources (such as third parties like business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, and analytics providers).
2. Cookies and Do Not Track.
We may collect information about you or your use of the Site through cookies or other similar technologies. We use this information to help us personalize your online experience or manage our advertising. The information we collect through cookies may help us understand how visitors use and engage with the Site. If you have provided us with your Personal Information, for example, when you registered for an account or requested information from us, we may associate this Personal Information with information we have collected through cookies or other technologies.
Cookies. A “cookie” is a file that websites send to a visitor’s computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser. Your browser may tell you how to be notified when you receive certain types of cookies or how to restrict or disable certain types of cookies. Please note, however, that without cookies you may not be able to use all of the features of the Site. When you use the Site, neither we nor any third parties collect Personal Information about your online activities, over time or across third party websites.
Google Analytics. The Site uses Google Analytics to track usage and provide analytics about activity on the Site. Google will place its own cookies to collect traffic and activity data in order to deliver relevant metrics and information to us. We do not share any personal information of our users, but we may share anonymized or aggregated information with Google to help us improve our Site. Google Analytics may also collect information regarding the use of other websites, apps and online resources. You can learn about Google’s practices by going to www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/, and exercise the opt-out provided by Google by downloading the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on, available at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
3. How We Use Your Information
We and companies that perform business operations on behalf of the Site (“Vendors”) use and disclose information to:
• Carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
• Provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services or information that you have requested or we feel may interest you. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data, opt-out of transfers of your data to third parties when the opportunity is provided to you, or email us at email@example.com
• Notify you about changes to our service;
• Ensure that content from the Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or mobile device;
• Administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
• Allow you to participate in interactive features of the Site, when you choose to do so;
• Help keep the Site safe and secure;
• Measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
• Make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of the Site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
We also may use information collected as described in this policy with your consent or as otherwise required or permitted by law.
4. How We May Share Your Information
We (or our Vendors on our behalf) share your Personal Information as follows:
As required to comply with law or legal obligations, such as to comply with legal orders and government requests, or as needed to support auditing, compliance, and corporate governance functions;
• In response to a subpoena, or similar legal process, including to law enforcement agencies, regulators, and courts in the United States and other countries where we operate;
• In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your Personal Information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
• To combat fraud or criminal activity, and to protect our rights or those of our affiliates, users, and business partners, or as part of legal proceedings affecting the Site;
• Otherwise with your consent.
We share your Personal Information with Vendors for our own business and operational purposes, as follows:
• We share Identifiers with Vendors who send emails for us, process payments, fulfill transactions, or report or collect on debts for us;
• We share Commercial Information with Vendors who operate or manage the Site, provide advertising or marketing services, audit or track advertising impressions, or provide analytics services;
• We share Classification Information with Vendors who provide advertising or marketing services, audit or track advertising impressions, or provide analytics services, or report or collect on debts for us;
• We share Financial Information with Vendors who process payments, fulfill transactions, or collect debts for us;
• We share Network Activity Information with Vendors who operate or manage the Site, protect against and investigate security incidents, provide advertising or marketing services, provide analytics services, and with Ad-Servers to place our ads and/or ads of our merchants or Business Partners on the Site and on sites that are operated by other companies, and to analyze the effectiveness of those ads.
5. Your Privacy Choices and Access
You may always direct us not to share your Personal Information with third parties, not to use your Personal Information to provide you with information or offers, or not to send you newsletters, updates, emails or other communications by:
sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org; or
following the removal or unsubscribe instructions in the communication that you receive.
If you wish to verify, correct, or update any of your Personal Information collected through the Site, you may contact us at the email or address included in the Contact Us section below. In accordance with our routine record keeping, we may delete certain records that contain Personal Information that you have submitted through the Site. We are under no obligation to store such Personal Information indefinitely and disclaim any liability arising out of, or related to, the destruction of such Personal Information. In addition, you should be aware that it is not always possible to completely remove or delete all of your information from our databases without some residual data because of backups or other technology-related reasons.
Opt-Out Policy. If, at any time after registering, you change your mind about receiving information from us or about the use of information volunteered by you, or if you prefer that we do not share your Personal Information with third parties for marketing purposes, please contact us at email@example.com. Please note that after opting out, you may still receive communications from us related to any ongoing transactional relationship we have with you, such as communications related to an order that is in process.
6. Links to Other Websites
The Site may contain links to other sites, maintained by third parties. These links are provided only as a convenience to you. The Company has no control over, and is not responsible for any content, products or services offered by or found on third party sites, or their privacy policies. Links to third party sites do not constitute an assumption of liability for or sponsorship, endorsement or approval of these sites or the content contained on these sites.
8. Your California Privacy Rights
Under California Civil Code Section 1798.83, California residents are entitled once a year, free of charge, to request and obtain certain information regarding our disclosure, if any, of personally identifiable information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year (e.g., requests made in 2019 will receive information about 2018 sharing activities). We comply with this law by giving users the ability to tell us not to share personally identifiable information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We may need additional information to process your request.
9. Accessing our Site Globally – Transfer of Data
The Site is governed by and operated in, and in accordance with the laws of the United States. We make no representation that the Site is governed by or operated in accordance with the laws of any other nation. If you are located in the European Union, Canada or elsewhere outside of the United States, please be aware that information we collect may be transferred to and processed in the United States. By using the Site, or providing us with any information, you (a) acknowledge that the Site is subject to the laws of the United States, (b) consent to the collection, processing, maintenance and transfer of such information in and to the United States and other applicable territories in which the privacy laws may not be as comprehensive as or equivalent to those in the country where you reside and/or are a citizen, and (c) waive any claims that may arise under those laws.
10. Security Measures
We use certain reasonable security measures to help protect your Personal Information. However, no electronic data transmission or storage of information can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Please note that we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, and you use the Site and provide us with your information at your own risk.
12. Contact Us